It's been just over 3 years since I broke my ankle investigating a black cat in a ditch.
A few weeks later, in a cast and on crutches, I wrote a poem and shared some photos. :-D
A year later I found inspiration to write a new poem and share some photos.
No poem, this time, just a medical update. :-D
So much has happened, since that last poem, and now I've taken the initiative to get an update on the ankle and on the sore knees that have more recently cropped up since re-locating to Houston almost 2 years ago.
I am grateful:
1. For my friends, old and new and the help, advice, and encouragement I've received from them.
2. For the excellent medical care I've received for the issues in my eyes, that cropped up a few months after my move to Houston, especially the cancer in the right eye.
3. To Wal-Mart for hiring me to my first job, since the end of Summer 2010, when no one else would despite several great interviews since coming to Houston.
4. My Cats, Elvira and Sneakers , are in my life, and provide creative muses and will forever miss my original muse, Mr. Nikita.
5. I am able to think, write, and create, and have seen this talent lead to guest posts, being published and even paid for my writing. These accomplishments , though small compared to others, are major ones for me.
6. My ankle, though painful, is still doing the job.