Credit Cards...can't live with them, can't live without them.
As much as I dislike having the 2 I currently have I am grateful for all they have done for me since I first got one when I turned 18.
1. I am grateful to old McMahan's Furniture and Appliances, a former fixture on 2nd street in Pomona, California, for giving me my first department store credit line.
It allowed my Mom to get a new washing machine and dryer, as well as a fridge, all things we needed for our house.
(Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
2. I am grateful for the old membership department store, Gemco, that used to be on Indian Hill, south of the 1o freeway, in Pomona, for giving me my 1st membership card.
The company was ahead of its time, what Walmart and Target are today (1984 TV commercial), down to including a supermarket in the store.
Yeah, I know it wasn't a credit card but it had its priviledges.
3. I thank the old bank that was on Holt, just east of Palomares, in the early 80's, (First Interstate Bank, I think.) for being the first bank to trust me with a credit card.
My store credit and credit cards (far too many by 1995) were a lifeline for our family, then my Mom and I, until she died in 1990, then myself until I finally went bankrupt in 1998.
4. I am grateful for all the years that followed, without credit cards, as I waited out the time period required before the BR would be taken off my credit record.
5. I am grateful for the small steps taken in slowly getting back into credit use via a couple of store credit card and a regular credit card, that helped me furnish my home and buy a few other things.
6. I am grateful for Dell credit that allowed me to get my 2nd computer, though their tech support always sucked.
7. I am grateful to Care Credit for approving me, when I broke my ankle in 2011, enabling me to get immediate surgery.
8. I am grateful to Care Credit for having a program where you can use the card to pay for pet related medical bills.
9. I am grateful for my bank credit card, the past 3 years, as it's been a huge help through my unemployment.
10. I will be most grateful to have a job again so I once again pay my way out of credit card debt and have a few things less to worry about.