Today was a day for thinking positive and being grateful for a few rather surprising occurances.
1. I am grateful to have made it on time to the first of my medical appointments today, at 645am, despite my 430am bus not coming for some reason.
2. I am grateful for the re-scheduling of my pair of CT Scans (Pancreas, Abdomen) so they could be done at the same time instead of 9am and Noon, allowing me to get home by 2pm.
(Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
3. I am grateful that Nikita ate all the food I put down for him before I left, and wanted more when I got home.
4. I am grateful for the surprise I found in the Saturday Houston Chronicle letters page, after I had pretty much given up on something I wrote, recently, appearing in the paper.
5. I am grateful that the piece also appeared in the online version of the paper.
6. I am grateful that an amusing comment left to the online version was allowed to remain for all to see and get a chuckle out of, though that was no doubt not the intent of the writer.
7. I am grateful that I was able to buy two more copies of the newspaper, and a large, cheap picture frame so I can put together a display of this piece and the comment.
8. I am grateful for ice water to drink all afternoon, per doctors instructions, to empty my system of the fluids I had to take for the CT Scans.
9. I am grateful that I had the strength to finally make it home by 10pm, so I could take a bath, feed Nikita, feed myself, and do this blog post.
10. I am grateful that I will finally have time, over the next few days, to share the amazing things that have happened, related to my writing.