Today I am grateful to Carla Lindgren Coates who proclaims her passion "is to inspire others to thrive and be the beautiful rose they are meant to be.
She was the one who created this challenge and her book makes its debut today!
( Series begins here =Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
How has doing this challenge impacted my life?
I don’t know if I can recognize any clear impact, or describe it if I could.
There has been no clear, unmistakable, earthshattering, revelatory “lightning bolt” from On High; On second thought, maybe there was, and His aim was off when I actually looked into the sky, on a rainy July day, just in time to witness a looonnng, jagged, bolt leave the clouds and hit the ground maybe 5 miles away.
1. I am grateful that I am able to remain positive in the face of all my medical challenges, since spring 2010, and the upcoming “celebration" of the start of my 4th year of unemployment (August 30th) and the uncertainty it brings.
2. I am grateful for the strength God gives me to go through my life with a good attitude, help me be joyful, and keep my peace, and calm, through all that happens in my life, even though sometimes it has not been easy.
3. I am grateful for this challenge, adding it to the first gratitude challenge I completed, for the creative, inspiring, ways they have made me think about and share thoughts on my life, hopes, and dreams.
4. I am grateful for all I have, materially and financially, though I do not have much of either and am afraid of losing it all if I don’t find work soon.
5. I am grateful for my friends, old and new.
6. I am grateful for people who support and encourage me in my creative endeavors.
7. I am grateful for my health and for each new day, as they remind me that God still has a purpose for me to fulfill, I just have to recognize it, and run with it when I do, even if it means learning new skills.
8. I am grateful for the variety of grocery markets and farmers markets, in Houston, because they will provide me many choices as I try to cook more at home and learn to eat healthier, despite my current worries about how much a grocery bill will cost me in my present circumstances.
9. I am grateful for my gratitude rock that brings a smile when I wake up each morning and see it parked on my bedroom window ledge.
10. I am grateful for my creativity, and believe that IT IS God’s gift to me.
11. I am grateful there is an underlying, in-dwelling, creative force infusing all of life – including myself.
12. I am grateful God is with me, God is helping me, and God is guiding me!
13. I am grateful to God for every good thing in my life.
14. I am grateful for whom I am; I am what I am and that’s all that I am! Now, pass the can of spinach!
To me, from Carla, this evening:
Wonderful gratitude post Kiril. Thank you for being such an active participant in the Through Gratitude I Thrive event! You have a great attitude with everything you have had to deal with and are an inspiration to others. I wish you much success, abundance and good health.
So grateful for you!
Carla has written an inspirational first book that is small in number of pages, but huge in ideas, ambition and purpose, according to those who have read it and shared their thoughts in brief reviews.
With its official launch today, the numbers are in on the Amazon Canada website, this evening, as I write:
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #65 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#1 in Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
#1 in Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
#2 in Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
Congratulations! Here's hoping for continued success in your writing career!
Thank you, as well, for the kind words left in your kind comment.
****UPDATE - AUGUST 28th****