1. I am grateful to my local Barnes & Noble for the job interview I was given, early last week, for the bookseller position. I was told that if I heard nothing by the end of Monday then I was not chosen for a 2nd interview.
2. I am grateful for the generic, formulaic email I got on Friday, that read..."After careful review of your background, we have chosen to pursue other candidates whose skills and background more closely align with the qualifications of the role."
3. I am grateful that, once again, those that do the hiring at Barnes & Noble have made it clear to me that a person with 17 years in book retail, 11 as a store manager, does not ”align with the qualifications of the role" (the 1st time was over a decade ago when a young manager in training, half my age, wondered why a person with my background wanted to work for them.), thus showing me that working for Barnes & Noble might not be what God means for me to do (though I do have several other applications on file with other B & N stores in Houston.).
( Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview )
5. I am grateful to another company that may provide me with a product review opportunity if their plans come to fruition.
6. I am grateful for another opportunity that has been presented to me for product reviews and promotion of Opinionated Pussycat that, if things go forward, will be unlike anything I've attempted.
7. I am grateful for the opportunity, this fall, to have Opinionated Pussycat host the 500th edition of the legendary Carnival of the Cats, the oldest weekly pet blogging event on the internet. Maybe by then the number of participants will have begun to return to the numbers from the early years.
8. I am grateful for any help in finding a job that the Texas WorkSource may provide when I finally have the chance to talk to a counselor (might not be until next week, though, due to my apartment complex installing fire alarms in apartments this week, and I am not gonna risk leaving the cats alone.)
9. I am grateful for the opportunity to attend a series of free, 2 hour, poetry workshops that the new Poet Laureate of Houston will be hosting over 4 weeks in August.
10. I am grateful that, with tomorrow's entry in this series, I will complete my 2nd gratitude post a day challenge!
Next = The finale!