1. I am grateful for vacations, those of my childhood, early adult years, and the last 13 years.
2. I am grateful for a summer trip to a camp ground at a lake in northern California, taken sometime between 1969 and 1972. All I remember is that it was a trip our family took with my Aunt Pat & Uncle Pop, in their camper to God knows where because I sure don't remember.
3. I am grateful for the summer trip our family took, in the early 70's to a town in Colorado where my Uncle Bill was pastor of a church. We took the Greyhound to and from and I remember leaving part of my right big toe in the Colorado River. If you encounter a giant, shaggy, beast wandering the woods, out there, we are probably related. :-D
( Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview )
4. I am grateful for the bus trip we took to a town in Arizona, sometime in the early 80's, I think, when the same uncle lived in Arizona. It was an opportunity to spend a day exploring the town of Tombstone and its historic graveyard.
5. I am grateful for the trip to Tijuana with my sisters and the first husband of one of them, in the 90's. We went bar/cafe hopping and I drank over 20 drinks and just as many bowls of tortilla chips, and had a shaker, vigorously stirred(A waiter tosses 2 shots of tequila down your throat, grabs your head and shakes it!) , all enabling me to re-cross the border standing on my own 2 feet.
6. I am grateful for the trip I took, in 2000, via my first plane ride, to join some web friends at the marriage of 2 of our group. I danced the first dance in my life with the bride.
7. I am grateful for my 2nd plane trip, in 2001, to spend the weekend before 9/11 in Chicago, with a group of internet friends, and a morning with one special lady, a former journalist, who was a member of a group of email correspondents I've known since 2000. May she rest in peace, alongside one other woman of our small fraternity.
8. I am grateful for the 4 day weekend spent, a few years later, at a genealogy conference in Burbank, Ca.
9. I am grateful for the trip taken, in 2008, to spend a few days with my Uncle Paul and Aunt Eileen, in Wirtz, Va., then a week alone in Washington D.C.
10. I am grateful for the opportunity I had, this year, to attend the Blog Paws Pet Blogger and Social Media conference, in Virginia, and the opportunity it gave me to meet many online friends for the first time and make various networking connections.