As I head toward the finish line of this series I'm gonna be a little silly this Saturday....
1. I am grateful for the Tuna Casserole my sainted Ma used to make! Just wish I had her recipe!
A mother is a man's best friend!
...especially a man who loves to cook, and she will readily rhapsodize about how your "legs are hollow!" whenever she brags, agreeably, about how you love to eat, especially when the food is something she prepared.
2. I am grateful for homemade mac & cheese.
3. I am grateful for the crockpot and the recipes I've cooked using it.
( Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview )
1 cup brown rice, 1lb. lean ground beef, 1 small can of Peas
1 small can of corn, 1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 a pk. sliced mushrooms, chopped, some chopped onion if you wish.
1 pk. onion soup mix, 2 cups water, Salt and pepper/ Seasoning Salt to taste
The peas and corn cans are the tiny ones that are half the size of the regular cans.
Add ingredients (Rice 1st) to 2-4 Qt. Crock Pot, in the morning, or early afternoon, so the meal is ready in the evening, or later at night, or add before bed so the meal is ready in the morning.
I crumble up the ground beef, add a layer between each of the other ingredients, with the Onion Soup mix added last before the water.
Turn crock to LOW for duration.
PRAY....Just kidding!! It's delicious!!
5. I am grateful for a Pot Roast (5lb.) recipe, including the addition by me of a most important ingredient, was given to me by a long ago friend and has served me well during Holidays.
I call it ...The Mad Macedonian's Crockpot Roast du Bachelor
6. I am grateful for the flexibility of the recipes in the Fix it & Forget it Cookbooks. It allowed me to make a recipe I call...
7. I am grateful for the opportunity to have eaten at the wonderful little Cafe Ruba, in Costa Mesa, Ca., before it closed for good and an awesome wall mural was lost to history.
8. I am grateful for the F-word the whole world gets most worked up about: Food.
Face it...from vending machines to fast food joints, from the fields to Farmer's Markets, from supermarket shelves to the breakfast and dinner table everyone has the F-word on their lips.
9. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to eat dinner, for free, at Rome Italian Cucina when it was opened, in West Hollywood by a world reknown executive chef, because it sure didn't last long, hee, hee!
10. I am grateful that, most of the time, my eyes are NOT bigger than my stomach!