What signs are there in my life that this may be so?
With all that has happened in my life, medically, since the end of spring 2010, as well as soon to be 3 years of unemployment, some would consider it understandable if I went around feeling blue all day long, every day.
1. I am grateful that I have overcome the urge to feel blue.
2. I am grateful for all the books I have read that have inspired me not to feel blue about the circumstances I find myself in and try to find ways to move forward beyond where I am to where I hope to, want to, be.
3. I am grateful that I am learning to find ways to take the blue in my hands and smile in the face of it.
4. I am grateful to be able to stand next to the blue and smile, confident that it won’t control my life.
( Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview )
5. I am grateful for all that I have learned and accomplished and continue to learn and accomplish, as a writer, that will help me walk toward the blue confident that I will conquer it.
6. Surrounded by every opportunity to let the blue take hold I am grateful that I have had so many creative opportunities this year, from guest blog posts, to attending Blog Paws.
7. Surrounded by every opportunity to let the blue take hold I am grateful to have been accepted into the Cat Writers’ Association.
8. Surrounded by every opportunity to let the blue take hold I am grateful to the Houston Chronicle for publishing my recent essay.
9. Surrounded by every opportunity to let the blue take hold I am grateful to a pair of writing opportunities that have come my way, one that may be for pay, if it comes to fruition.
10. Surrounded by every opportunity to let the blue take hold and allow myself to stress over my situation and how I can get financial help or a job before November rolls around, I am grateful for a job interview this week and the possibility of a follow-up, as I am finally able to seriously look for work again after all my surgeries and follow-up appointments.
About The Blue Trees (Home Page)
The real story behind those stunning blue trees in Houston: Artist corrects the record via Culture Map
****UPDATE - 7/26 AT 730am****
This blog post, with its photos, has found itself entered in the official Blue Trees Photo Contest!