1. Howdee! I’m just so grateful you decided to stop by here!
(ADDED AT 730AM, 7/22/13, in response to a comment!)
1 1/2. I am grateful for my peculiar sense of humor.
When I entered High School, in 9th grade, I was a shy, picked on, brainy kid, carrying a briefcase, whose father was a mental patient..
When I graduated, 4 years later, I did so knowing I had come in 2nd in the voting for Senior Class Clown.
To this day I still scratch my head and ask, "WTH?"
I had no idea that enough kids knew who I was, knew enough, or cared enough to give me a vote for anything!
But, here's the thing; in 9th grade I discovered the Dr. Demento radio show and in 1oth grade I met some 9th graders who had done so as well.
In 1969 Hee Haw became must see TV in our household, easing the troubles of our difficult life, but it wasn't until I discovered Dr. Demento that I began to realize and appreciate that it was just as subversive as what I was listening to on the radio.
Thanks to the good Doctor D I discovered I had a sense of humor and, among my few friends, and apparently around school (I did not have a social life beyond it, like the typical 70's teen) more than I remember, I began to express it.
I began to pay closer attention to and appreciate, the humor of the teams of Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy, and the Three Stooges as well.
I have all of these legendary creators and sharers of comedy and humor to thank for my creative, peculiar, sense of humor.
2. I am grateful for Hee Haw and Dr. Demento.
( Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview )
7. I am grateful for my cats.
8. I am grateful for Sidney S. Brown and Jules Lipton.
9. I am grateful for my ding-a-ling.
10. The Houston Astros are the worst team in baseball, at the moment, but I am grateful for the starting line-up and the man who signs their paychecks.
Next = Day 21