1. I am grateful for my sisters, one 5 years younger, the other 8 years younger, than me, despite their often finding it difficult to figure out their older brother and his sense of humor, bachelorhood, and being a loner most of his life.
2. I am grateful to my sisters who have found themselves reading my blogs and telling their friends and family about it, over the years, despite their scratching their heads over why I do it. I don’t know how often they read my blogs, but they HAVE admitted to doing so, without me emailing them a link to something to read. :-D
3. I am grateful for the support and assistance they have given me, in a few difficult times, over the past 23 years, since our Mom died.
4. I am grateful for the encouragement they gave me to leave Pomona, and move to Orange County, in 2002.
(Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
5. While they never could understand why I stayed at my original job for 17 years I am grateful for their encouragement and support when I finally chose to move on to each of my next 3 jobs, and leave the last of the three, in Sept. 2010.
6. I am grateful for the support they showed when I had a seizure in 2010.
7. I am grateful for the support they showed when I broke my ankle in 2011.
8. I am grateful for their understanding when I chose to move to Houston, last September.
9. I am grateful for the assistance of the older one with the moving of my belongings from the apartment to the moving container.
10. I am grateful for their both coming to Houston to spend a couple of days with me when I had my Vitrectomy, on my left eye, last December.
I know they are worried about me, in the wake of my eye cancer surgery, last April and whether I can soon get a new job, but I can only say that I continue to believe I am where I am meant to be and I have faith that God will somehow provide.
Next = Day 16