Another afternoon getting away from everything, as I took my camera, clipboard, and laptop out to take a few photos for use on the blog.
(Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
1. Today I am grateful for the impetus to return to thinking about repurposing worthy material from 4 blogs, over a decade, into books of some sort
2. I am grateful that it didn’t rain today as I had a couple of places I wanted to go to take some photos.
3. I am grateful that a bus went to within a block of historic Allen Landing, in the oldest part of downtown Houston, along Buffalo Bayou.
4. I am grateful I didn’t get mugged at what should be a pocket park that is safe for families to visit, enjoy and learn the history of the “Pilgrim’s Landing” spot where this city was born, but sadly is not.
I stayed only long enough to take a couple of nice photos of me posing with my clipboard, then left.
5. I am grateful that, even though the red line commuter train was not running today, a shuttle bus was and so I was able to go from downtown to Hermann Park.
6. I am grateful that there was a man at the famous statue of Sam Houston on a horse who was willing to take a photo of me, posing at the base of the statue that I set up.
7. I am grateful for the chance to repay the man by taking a photo of him and his family, posing at the statue, with his camera.
8. I am grateful for the opportunity to help a large Hispanic family, kids, parents and grandparents, take a group shot posing at the statue, so no-one would be left out because one would have to take the photo.
9. I am grateful the photos all came out great, but only wish I could figure out why, when I try to prepare them for blog posting, via my Adobe PSE, they are not coming out the way they should and I have to abort the process!
10. I am grateful that the ice in my gallon water jug held up its end of the deal by keeping my water cold, while I was out and about, on this hot day.
Next = Day 15