I spent the afternoon getting away from everything, after the cool news of yesterday.
I paid a visit to the grand opening of one of the first two Unleashed by Petco stores in Texas, here in Houston, then rode my bike 18 miles home from the store.
(Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
1. Today, I am grateful to God for the talent, in the realm of writing, that He gave me, from a young age and, after a near decade of dormancy, helped me begin to rediscover and continue to expand the last 15 years.
2. I am grateful for the plentiful material, in 4 blogs, over more than a decade that has the potential to be turned into more than just blog posts.
4. I am grateful to be living in Houston, not just for the medical treatment that is improving my health, but for the opportunity to create a new life, creatively and through a new job.
5. I am grateful that once I begin to earn an income again I can finally pay off my credit cards once again. Getting a new job can't come soon enough for me. I just believe, hope and trust it will come before October.
6. I am grateful for the opportunity to have attended Blog Paws, this year, and look forward to attending next year.
7. I am grateful that the opportunity presents itself for me to possibly attend the Cat Writers' Association annual conference, this Halloween weekend, in Irving, TX.
8. I am grateful for the optimism expressed in a blog post I posted, a year ago tomorrow, that included a letter from my 80 year old self to my 2011 self, and one from my 8 yr. old self to my older self. They make for interesting reading in light of my current life.
9. I am grateful for the optimism expressed in a blog post, from February 2012, that was a writing prompt where I wrote a story describing a gathering of friends and fans, a year after my death at 110, and their remembrances. It also makes for interesting reading in light of my current life.
10. I am grateful to my creative side for telling me it loved me and why, back in April 2012, in a lengthy love letter, expressing its faith in my talent and my having a promising future still ahead of me.
I hope it is pleased with the way things have gone, since that letter, despite my continued unemployment, and recent medical issues.