I am grateful for each new day I awaken to.
Days, the dawn of a new day
What kind of person loves the dawning of a new day?
Big people, lit-tle people, people who write blogs,
fat people, skin-ny people, ev-en people who fill their fireplace with logs,
love the dawn of a new day, the dawn of a brand new day!
A new day that people think is out of sight!
(Series begins here = Daily Gratitude Writing Challenge Summer 2013 Preview)
1. I am grateful for the 53+ years of new days God has seen fit to give me so far.
2. I am grateful the sight of a sunrise on an early morning bike ride.
4. I am grateful for Nikita, my early morning alarm clock, who thinks I simply MUST get up a full hour before I've set my real alarm clock.
5. I am grateful that Miss Elvira, my other cat, for giving a crap WHEN I get up, just so long as I remember to feed her breakfast.
6. I am grateful for a bowl of Cheerios, or Raisin Bran, along with an apple or fruit smoothie, to start the day.
7. I am grateful for 3 pancakes, and an apple, or fruit smoothie, if I choose, instead of cereal, to start the day.
8. I am grateful for my skill at fixing a mean 3 scrambled eggs, with bacon or sausage, that I make into my own pair of breakfast sandwiches, with an apple or fruit smoothie, to start the day.
9. I am grateful that "an apple a day" has NOT kept the doctor away. I mean, how else would I have known about the cancer in my right eye?
10. I am grateful for the dawning of a new day, as it is another opportunity to take new steps forward in my personal, career, and creative lives.