2. My health, especially my eyesight, in the wake of 3 surgeries.
I came to Houston to start a fresh life and new job and while I still have no job I DID discover medical issues in both eyes that Ben Taub (Vitrectomy on left eye) and MD Anderson (Brachy Therapy surgeries for a malignant melanoma in the right eye) Hospitals have helped me with.
3. My cats.
Mr. Nikita, age 15.
Elvira Mistress of Felinity, age 3.
You all know who you are. Thank you for your friendship and encouragement over the years.
5. The gift of creativity.
A gift, developed in youth, rediscovered when I went online in 1998 and nurtured ever since.
6. The ability to cook for myself (I just need to put it into practice more!).
A skill developed as a teen, but not practiced near as much in recent years as maybe I should be doing. :-D
7. The ability to persevere through all that has happened to me the past 3 years.
3 years of unemployment, 2 seizures, a broken ankle and eye issues, yet determination, the encouragement of friends and much inspirational reading and reflection keep me going and give me hope for a better life and future.
8. My bicycle and places to ride it.
I have been a bicyclist all my life and love to go on long bike rides, especially dedicated bike/shared use trails, the longer the better.
9. The learning I get from attending classes and conferences and from those encouraging me to do new things.
I took computer classes in 2010/11, and have attended a pet blogger conference this year and hope to attend again in years to come.
10. The comfort and inspiration I’ve gotten from the many books I’ve read the last 3 years.
The list is a long one.