I first brainstormed this exercise, in a 1 hour, timed, writing prompt on the evening of January, 27, 2004. I posted it on my first blog on February 1, 2004. This was years before most of my readers, and Facebook Friends met, or re-connected with (Especially my old High School Classmates!), me. I then updated it on Nov. 29, 2010.
This completely new, and radically different, version was inspired by an essay by my friend Amanda Socci, and a sermon by Pastor Joel Osteen (I have been attending Lakewood Church for a couple of months now, since moving to Houston) who also discussed the subject on an episode of the Oprah Winfrey Life Class Show last year.
“Never say negative things about yourself. Always be positive, as words have creative power and can change your life.
The right “I am” can help you fulfill your destiny.
What follows the “I am” will come calling for you, as you are permitting it into your life”
“By just altering our mindset slightly and putting more weight on the things that we give thanks for, we are effectively decreasing the importance of our problems. Once we manage to express thanks in the morning, we need to continue the positive thread by changing the way we say “I Am.” “
After reading Amanda’s piece and then watching Joel’s sermon, and around 10 related video clips of the Oprah show he appeared in, I sat down this evening to change the list of my 101 I Am’s, updating it for my hopes and dreams, and the challenges I face, heading into 2013, and beyond. It serves as a fitting sequel to my Nov. 2012 30 Days of Gratitude series of daily posts (Start with #1, or scroll the month at your leisure.).
101 I Am's by Kiril Kundurazieff
1. I am a writer.
2. I am a poet.
3. I am a storyteller.
4. I am a journalist.
5. I am a photographer.
6. I am creative!
7. I am confident that when I open myself to my creativity, I open myself to the Creator’s creativity within me and my life.
8. I am grateful for my creativity, and believe that IT IS God’s gift to me.
9. I am a believer that using my creativity is my gift back to God.
10. I am sure that when I open myself to exploring my reativity, I open myself to God: Good Orderly Direction.
11. I am confident that as I open my creative channel to the Creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to me expected.
12. I am confident that it is safe to open myself up to greater and greater creativity.
13. I am drawing to myself the creative powers of the universe.
14. I am sure there is an underlying, in-dwelling, creative force infusing all of life – including myself.
15. I am confident that my creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source.
16. I am confident that as I move toward my dreams, I move toward my divinity.
17. I am one of a kind!
18. I am happy!
19. I am not afraid!
20. I am going to be healthy again, and am getting better every day!
21. I am strong!
22. I am being restored!
23. I am able to manage my medical issues very well!
24. I am not a victim of my medical issues!
25. I am going to be OK no matter what!
26. I am young!
27. I am attractive, and handsome!
28. I am a Woman's idea of a dreamboat; if only the fog over the ocean would recede so she could see my magnificent sails blowing in the breeze.
29. I am energetic!
30. I am successful!
31. I am qualified!
32. I am talented!
33. I am prosperous!
34. I am focused!
35. I am disciplined!
36. I am amazing!
37. I am valuable!
38. I am confident!
39. I am a masterpiece!
40. I am what I am, and that’s all that I am!
41. I am a smart man!
42. I am a thoughtful man!
43. I am a sensitive man.
44. I am worthy!
45. I am victorious!
46. I am a friend to many people
47. I am a man with many friends.
48. I am a caring person.
49. I am a man with a peculiar sense of humor.
50. I am the voice of 2 opinionated pussycats
51. I am the Mad Macedonian!
52. I am the Mad Houstonian!
53. I am the Cycling Dude!
54. I am excited about my future!
55. I am going to improve my living situation!
56. I am going to be bold, and believe that Mighty Forces will come to my aid!
57. I am self-reliant, positive and optimistic!
58. I am excited about what each day will bring into my life!
59. I am looking forward to my future!
60. I am a good cook, and am going to do more of it.
61. I am a man with dreams and aspirations.
62. I am a man of very few material possessions, compared to most folks, but feel none the lesser for it.
63. I am a listener, and a talker.
64. I am a hard worker.
65. I am a quick learner.
66. I am a shoulder to lean on, and to cry on, if need be.
67. I am ready to see the good things that God has in store for me.
68. I am confident that I can successfully handle all problems that will arise today.
69. I am sure this is going to be a glorious day! It’s wonderful to be alive!
70. I am sure God is with me, God is helping me, God is guiding me!
71. I am sure that nothing can defeat me.
72. I am thankful to God for every good thing in my life.
73. I am blessed, and believe that the favor of God is helping me change my life for the better.
74. I am grateful for all I’ve had, for all I now have, and for all I shall have!
75. I am a man who refuses to be a prisoner of his past, or anyone else’s, for that matter.
76. I am a man who is going to make a brighter, more secure future for myself.
77. I am a man who BELIEVES IN HIMSELF more, now, than ever before in his life.
78. I am sure that things are not going to fall apart!
79. I am going to take a deep breath, and bite off more than I can chew!
80. I am going to help change the world!
81. I am a positive thinking person!
82. I am moving forward in my personal life!
83. I am moving forward in my work life!
84. I am moving forward in my creative life!
85. I am one step closer to my dreams!
86. I am proud of who I am!
87. I am proud of all that I have learned!
88. I am proud of all that I have accomplished!
89. I am well able to make a new life for myself!
90. I am still here!
91. I am the master of inspiration!
92. I am thinking in new ways!
93. I am looking forward to positive change in my life!
94. I am looking forward to growth in my life.
95. I am full of power, strength, and determination!
96. I am going to build upon what I know and what I have done.
97. I am going to exercise my balls!
98. I am an American and proud of it!
99. I am sure I have a purpose in life to fulfill.
100. I am sure that, through the grace of God, I will fulfill my purpose in life.
101. I AM somebody!
Let me end by quoting more Joel Osteen, from his book, Your Best Life - Beginnings each morning:
Jan. 2 - Today is a brand new day. It is time to stretch your faith and pursue the excellence that God has placed in your heart. It is time to break out of the "barely getting by" mentality, to become the best you can be, not merely average or ordinary, for the rest of your life.
Jan. 5 - Dare to step out of your comfort zone today. God has so much more in store. Keep pursuing and keep believing.