The creative writing, observations, experiences, and opinions, on life, and the world around him, by Kiril Kundurazieff; taking one step at a time on the Journey of Discovery, and Enlightenment, that every individual must take from the cradle to the grave.
Hey, World Travelers! Man in Mid-Life Career Change Crisis Seeks Advice
Can you think of places to live with at least 10 of these 15 factors, or half, or just the top 5? ;-D
1. Low Unemployment.
2. Affordable Rent.
3. Plenty of Pet Friendly apartments (If they don't want Nikita, & Elvira Mistress of Pussydom, then I don't want THEM!).
4. Plenty of Mass Transit Options.
5. Bike Friendly, with other outdoorsy options, like hiking, and parks.
6. Low Crime Rate.
7. Mostly Conservative in its Politics, but Coffee & Latte drinkers, of a sensible, and reasonable, sort, OK. ;-D
8. An environment conducive to nurturing ones creativity.
9. Plenty of English Speakers so I don't have to worry about going into a business, or something, and not be able to communicate with anyone there.
( A Mexican, or Chinese, or Korean Restaurant, excepted, of course! )
Hell, it's gotten to such a point, in SoCal, that you can't even have a friendly chat with someone on the Bus, or on a street corner, unless you understand Spanish - I often can't even help someone asking the time of day, or talk about what bus goes where, anymore!
Sometimes, when I get on a crowded bus, where 20 are standing jammed in the front, with lots of empty space in the back, the only way I can get anyone to move, and make room, and, make myself understood, is to quote my favorite cartoon mouse, Speedy Gonzales...
"Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba! Yii-hah!" ;-D
I get past them, and to the back, with no problem, that way...
As Speedy also might say... "This Gringo! He silly!" ;-D
However, just today I was in a restaurant, wearing my "Ask me about my Pussy" Shirt, when I noticed a 13 year old Hispanic boy frequently looking over his shoulder at me, & at his much older Dad, with a puzzled look on his face... ;-D
As I left I walked over, and looking at them, smiled and said don't worry, it's about Cats!
It appeared the boy understood so I teased him by putting my hand over my eyes, and saying... "What? Is your Dad saying don't look, son, don't look! You're much too young to understand!"
The Kid blushed, translated for his Dad, and blushed some more when Dad laughed. ;-D
10. Low, or non-existant, Income Tax.
11. Varied year round weather, even if it means lots of rain, hee, hee!
12. Good educational, and career re-training, opportunities.
13. Lots of different shopping opportunities.
14. Lots of different dining opportunities.
15. Lots of entertainment options, and cultural venues.
Attention correspondents: E-mail sent to the blog e-mail addy, including those regarding postings/comments, and/or in response to correspondence with/from the author of this blog, are not considered confidential and may be shared online as I deem appropriate.
PERMISSIONS: Original Content of this blog is Copyrighted, and owned, by Kiril G. Kundurazieff, Jan. 2010 - Present...
The Author, Owner, has no problem with people excerpting a reasonable part of one of our entries in a post of their own, as long as attribution to him is made, and a link to his original post is included.
Please DO NOT take our pictures...unless you ask us first! Thank U!