Word is that 43% of those attending the Southern California Genealogical Jamboree, this weekend, are, like me, First-timers, while there are actually a handfull who just can't seem to get enough, and have been 30 times! ;-D
In May, and the weeks of June leading up to this weekend the Jamboree Blog has been doing stellar work, and some of my favorite posts are listed below:
Getting the Most out of a Genealogy Conference: A valuable series, packed with advice usefull for all such conferences.
1. MEET THE SPEAKER: Too numerous to link, but each post describes the speaker, their book, website, and podcast, if any, information.
2. EXHIBITOR PROFILES: Too numerous to link all of them, but each post is full of information about the exhibitor, and links to their websites.
3. Exhibitor Profile: New England Historic Genealogical Society - This post has a nice 8 min. video on the subject of... Genealogy Today: Tracing your Heritage
5. Genealogy Gems Podcast: Spotlight on Blogger Summit - I'll be attending a Dinner Gathering of over 30 Roots Bloggers on Saturday night, so this is a cool story. ;-D
7. "At Home With Your Ancestors" - Interested in your British Roots? This post has a link to a FREE eBook titled "At Home With Your Ancestors".
8. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF... How would you answer these questions if they were asked by someone who had not yet jumped into the genealogy pool?
10. Arlene Eakle's New Kentucky Blog Launches. Cool! As someone with KY. and IN. Roots I will be checking this one out, and adding it to my sidebar.
12. Heritage Makers and the art of Storybooking: A cool video!