As previously mentioned I will attend the 40th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, in Burbank Ca., next weekend.
"This year's Jamboree will offer an unprecedented 55 speakers and nearly 100 lectures, a full exhibit hall, and lots of special events and activities," according to Paula Hinkel, Jamboree co-chair. "Jamboree has earned the reputation for being fun, well organized, with exceptional speakers and vendors. This year will be all that and more."
The exhibit hall will host software and online database companies, vendors, societies, heritage and lineage groups, authors, and book sellers. Some exhibitors feature services including photo restoration, book repair, and production of beautiful pedigree charts and maps."
I will be attending all 3 days to kick off my 11 day summer vacation, and I know of more than 30 other Genealogy Bloggers who will be there. ;-D
Over the 3 days I will be attending 11 Classes/Seminars inbetween checking out the Exhibitors.
The Seminars are as follows:
1. Legacy Family Tree.
2. Ports of our Past: A Guide to US Ports, and Records.
3. Putting Flesh on the Bones.
4. Genealogy and the Changing Map of Eastern Europe.
5. Seven Habits of Highly Effective Geanealogists (Presented by Dear Myrtle herself!).
6. The Best Digital Documents Sites on the Internet.
7. Facebook Friends Gathering.
8. Using the Ancestry and Rootsweb Community to Enhance Your Research.
9. and 10. Google: A Goldmine of Genealogy Gems Part 1 and Part 2.
11. Demystifying Eastern European Research.
I will also join more than 30 GeneaBloggers for Dinner one night.
It will be a wonderful opportunity to meet, and get to know, in person, fellow researchers, including some I've met through this blog, Facebook, Twitter, and the Roots-L Lists at Rootsweb, over the last few months. ;-D