It's National Poetry Month and you want to try your hand at Poetry?
There are many Poetic Forms.
2. Poetry Patterns, including many not found at the above site.
3. 30 days of Poetry includes some forms not found at the above sites.
4. Glossary of Poetic Terms includes many Forms not found in the above 3 sites.
5. The monotetra has a single rhyme per verse. Each line has 8 syllables, with the fourth line being a set of 4 syllables repeated.
It can have as few as one or two stanzas, or as many as desired.
6. Riddle poems, and how to make them.
7. 7 types of Concrete Poems.
8. Poem of Address: The poet writes as though speaking to a person, place, or object.