Ladies and Gentlecats, and the Humans that love them...
It is with a humble sense of pride that I have the very special honor, and responsibility, to bring to you, today, the 211th edition of The Carnival of the Cats!
Such a special occasion requires something special to celebrate it, soooo...
I brought out the Feline Home Original 2006 White Zinfannip Tea!
These fine folks and their Cats, in California, have been making the finest Nip Tea since 1890! ;-D
I sooo love the smell, and taste of fine, quality, Nip Tea!
For those of you who do not imbibe, Daddy and I have provided plenty of lactose free milk, and plain water. ;-D
What is the Carnival, and how do you join the fun?
When I wrote my announcement post the other day, answering that very question, as I understand it, I had no idea that the King of the CatBloggers would take notice (See #15 below), or that one of those who have participated the longest would praise what I wrote so highly (See #25 below).
I wasn't THAT nervous about doing this until reading those words. ;-D
I've been Daddy's Co-Blogger for over 5 years, thru 2 blogs, I like to express my opinions on Cat News of all types, I've written about how I came into Daddy's life, and I can write poetry, too!
Nikita's Place is not a blog in the traditional sense since it is actually just the name of a Category of Posts where all my contributions can be read at your leisure, and my name is listed as the author of each entry.
I call it a Blog within the Blog ;-D
For the last few days I've been writing about, and sharing pictures of, birds, dogs, and squirrels Daddy encountered while visiting relatives in Virginia., and spending time in DC earlier this month.
To help me bring you the Carnival I'm going to share with you pictures of the Feline Companions of Daddy's Uncle and Aunt, so let's get this show on the road!
Uncle Paul and Aunt Eileen, are in their mid to late 70's, and since the mid 1970's, when they got married, have cared for Cats they have rescued over the years, and some of those rescue stories are quite harrowing.
They have had as many as 20 Cats in their home, at any given time, some came as kittens, many lived into their teens, and some into their 20's, but only 4 Cats are left now.
1. Chase, of Wantabetravelin, writes about how 2 cats came to be 4, and says "I swear, the next person that brings home a stray, is going to the vets with the cat, and staying there with the cat", in a tale called One too many, again!
2. Dawn, of At Thy Word, writes an interesting piece about teaching an old Cat (Well, ok, ANY Cat!) new tricks, using a Clicker, a growing movement that even has a Yahoo Group.
Psst...don't tell the humans, but we Cats can do a lot of things, including fooling the humans into thinking that they are teaching us to do things by using a clicker. ;-D
3. Susan Daffron, of Logical Expressions, recently did an interview "on why people should consider adopting cats from animal shelters and humane societies." She talked about "concerns people may have", among other things.
4. Jamie McIntosh, over at Suite 101's Organic Gardens Blog, writes about how the humans can "Teach your cats which parts of the garden are off-limits, and enjoy their companionship outdoors."
5. Sue, of This is Cyprus, has a Cat many of us can relate to.
This is a story of how a Cat "trains" its humans. ;-D
6. Dr. Deb writes a blog with a focus on "Psychological Perspectives".
In a recent entry she shares 2 YouTube Cat Videos that will have you, and your humans, laughing, but for entirely different reasons. ;-D
7. Beverly Robertsom, of Murmuring Trees, tells the touching story of her Cat named Winkie.
8. Elisson, of Blog d'Elisson, provides a touching update on how one family Cat is adjusting to the loss of her sister.
9. Ana, of Chica and Pumuckl - Living with funny Cats, writes about Inner peace through cats.
10. Russ, of TacJammer, shares a cute video of the family hedonist. ;-D
Ok, everybody, watch this video and then repeat after me...
I'm a hedonist, and that's Okay!
I love to get my tummy rubbed all the live long daaayyy!!
Pia is a female White Angora, age 7.
Jettie is a 16 year old black domestic medium hari, rescued as a kitten on the grounds of Lanterman State Hospital, in Pomona, CA., where she was initially fed by some of the mentally disabled residents.
11. Ferdinand T. Cat, of The Conservative Cat, shares the thought of one Cat on the subject of screwdrivers.
12. Parker, of Perfectly Parker, shares a perfectly beautiful photo of herself!
13. Abby, of Manx Mnews, writes about how "Momma has been feeding a group of feral cats", and of an encounter with some kittens.
14. Blueberry, of Texas Oasis, shares a cute picture of Henry.
15. Laurence Simon, of This Blog is Full of Crap, shares a cute photo of Nardo and his yellow Mousie
Boxer, age 15, is a domestic short hair with 6 toes on each front paw, and a story of true survival to tell.
One day, driving along the freeway, in San Bernardino County, in CA., Uncle Paul witnessed the sight of a man in a pick-up truck tossing a large box onto the side of the road next to the slow lane.
Stopping, on a hunch, he discovered something truly horrifying in the box!
Inside were a dead mother cat, and her equally very dead, and mangled litter...except that under all that blood and guts was one survivor, the Cat you see here, given her name because of her toes. ;-D
16. Rocky, of Artsy Catsy, the blog of "Fifteen formerly feral felines who train their human artists to create gifts for cat lovers", celebrates its 200th post with a contest!
17. Rahel, of Elms in the Yard, shares a cute photo of "Her Ladyship" guarding her domain.
18. K.T. Cat, of The Scratching Post, shares a cute photo.
19. Leucanthemum B, of Composite Drawlings, questions Peanut about something she is trying to hide, and the pictures are real cute.;-D
Boots, the only male, is a 14 year old domestic short hair.
22. Meowza, of Imeowza, shows off some tummy in this cute photo.
27. Irishcoda, of This, That and The Other Thing, has some great photos that show the Cats argueing over who's in charge of the "Most Popular Spot in the House."
While the Cats live in the laundry room of the mobile home, there is a door to an outside enclosure with ledges around it to jump up onto, and safely enjoy the outside world in all its glory.
28. and 29. JB, of JB's Small World, shares a cute photo of Misty, and a really cool slide show about the editing of the content and design for the blog, and how JB advises the crack team of human assistants.
30. sbpoet, of Watermark, shares one of my absolutely favorite Cat Commercials, The Herding Cats one! ;-D
31. Andree, of meeyauw, has been translating the Bible into Cat, to amazing, funny, yet thought provoking effect, and is now 60% done, and it can even now be found on Twitter.
All praise to the Ceiling Cat! ;-D
32. Chey, of Chey's Place, uses a cute photo to illustrate the topic for the day: "Guarding your Territory."
When the weather is warm the Cats come outside to play, and find a comfy spot on the ledges on which to relax and enjoy the day.
Such is the life of indoor Cats in the countryside of Virginia. ;-D
33. Over at Missy and KC's place "It truly was a "pee-fest" when the boys came home from having their
34. Sisu shares a cute picture and links to some tasty dinner the humans had a while back.
35. Tip Diva lives up to the name with an excellent post on bringing a new pet into ones life that has advice that is also useful to those looking for a feline companion.
36. Pet Campbell, of Pet's Garden Blog, gives an eyewitness account, with pictorial evidence to back it up, of the failing negotiations between 3 Cats, and a Great Dane.
Maybe they should consider calling in the United Nations? On 2nd thought, no, better not, it could only make matters worse!
37. Here's a close-up of one of the above Cats, known collectively as The Three Brats.
When Uncle Paul and Aunt Eileen came to their new home 3 years ago, they had 4 other Cats, and 3 of them are buried in a nice corner of the property:
A white Persian female named Misty, age 15.
Happy, age 14, and Buttons, age 11, 2 sisters, who were white domestic shorthairs (Actually Happy had some black on her.)
38. John, of StrangerRanger, shares cute photos of the Cats that help celebrate the sunny side of Spring.
39. Mimi, of Furry Paws, shares a cute photo of Sebastian, who got a treatfor being such a great help cleaning the couch.
40. Diamond Emerald-Eyes, of Diamond's Lair, is on vacation. ;-D
She has a great picture of herself "resting on the Beach in the Grand Cayman islands."
It always amuses me when a human gets a hold of a video showing a cat swimming and are amazed by this feat.
Her post discusses Cats, water, sand, and the beach in a most fun and informative way. ;-D
41. Weekend CatBlogging #147 is up over at Catsynth, and has lots of great pictures. ;-D
42. The entertaining Photo Hunt #103 is up over at Life from a Cat's Perspective, thanks to Samantha and Tigger.
And on that note, I hereby bring this edition of the Carnival of the Cats to a close!
The next edition will be hosted by Amar and Luna of CatSynth!
I'm going to bed, see ya in the morning! ;-D