I was going to reveal how it was all the fault of Frank, Joe, Nancy, Captain Kirk and the crew of the Starship Enterprise that I became an incurable Bookaholic, but realizing we'd be here thru Christmas Day, or even the New Year, I decided to instead leave you with a Baker's Dozen list of books I'd highly recommend any time of the year.
In print, or out, they can still be bought through the usual suspects found online, including Amazon:
1. AMERICA: THE LAST BEST HOPE - V.1: From the Age of Discovery to a World at War by William J. Bennett.
2. AMERICA THE LAST BEST HOPE - V.2: From a World at War to The Triumph of Freedom by William J. Bennett.
3. A PATRIOT'S HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror by Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen.
4. LIBERTY AND FREEDOM: A Visual History of America's Founding Ideas by David Hackett Fischer.
5. THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION by Kevin R. C. Gutzman.
6. THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT GUIDE TO CAPITALISM by Robert P. Murphy.
7. THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT GUIDE TO ENGLISH AND AMERICAN LITERATURE by Elizabeth Kantor.
8 THE STORY OF BRITAIN: From The Romans to the Present - A Narrative History by Rebecca Fraser.
9 THE FAITH: A History of Christianity by Brian Moynahan
10. FLAG: An American Biography by Marc Leepson.
11. INFAMOUS SCRIBBLERS: The Founding Fathers and the Rowdy Begginnings of Ameican Journalism by Eric Burns.
12. HOW TO RAISE AN AMERICAN: 1776 Fun and Easy Tools, Tips, and Activities to Help Your Child Love This Country by Myrna Blyth and Chriss Winston.
13. THE IMAGE: A Guide to Pseudo-Events in America by Daniel J. Boorstin.